To see available transit times enter your location below.
Please note, students may be eligible for transportation depending on grade and how far they live from their school. Please refer to the FAQ on transportation for more information.
The mission of the Mason School is to provide a comprehensive and rigorous full inclusion academic program supported by committed staff, student interns, devoted parents, and a strong community working collaboratively and learning together. Teachers are dual-certified and have had professional development related to SPED and ESL instruction. Students are taught to be independent thinkers, learners, and problem solvers.
- Kindergartens accredited by National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Partners with City Connects to meet the social, emotional, and academic needs of students.
- Art, music, dance, physical education, technology and swim instruction (Grades 1-5) offered.
- Extended science learning through the Boston Nature Center, Food Project and Ferry Beach.
- Outdoor classroom and swimming pool.
- READ Boston Grant providing free books and literacy events for all students.
- Looping occurs in Grades K2/1 and with one 2/3 and 4/5 class.
- Literacy intervention for struggling first graders.
Before School Program
Before school from 7:30-8:10 a.m.: grades K-5
After School Program
After school to 6:00 p.m. YMCA and tutoring available.
Mandatory uniform policy for Grades K0-Gr. 5. The uniform consists of a maroon or white top with beige or khaki pants, skirts, shorts, or jumpers. Mason sweats are permitted on swim days.
Guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at Dearborn STEM Academy.
High Level Of Need Inclusion
Student performance data displayed below is from Next Generation MCAS results. For more data on schools, please visit the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) website. For schools with multiple campuses, the data below represents all schools in that network, not just the single school. If data is not shown, it is not available for that school.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DESE did not issue school, district, or state accountability determinations for the 2019-2020 school year due to the cancellation of state assessments and school closures related to COVID-19. As a result, there is no student performance data available from the state for school year 2019-2020.