To see available transit times enter your location below.
Please note, students may be eligible for transportation depending on grade and how far they live from their school. Please refer to the FAQ on transportation for more information.
Boston Arts Academy is Boston’s only public high school for the visual and performing arts. Our mission is to prepare a diverse community of aspiring artist-scholars-citizens to be successful in their college or professional careers and be engaged members of their communities. We seek students who are passionate about the arts, works and learns together as a community, and reflects the diversity of the city of Boston. The admissions process is designed to give all students the opportunity to demonstrate their ability, potential, and commitment.
- A collaborative project of BPS and the ProArts Consortium: Berklee, Boston Architectural College, Boston Conservatory, Emerson, MassArt, and the SMFA.
- High-level training for students in dance, fashion technology, music, theater, or visual arts in the context of a college preparatory curriculum.
- Individualized attention for each student by our experienced, awardwinning staff.
- PSAT and SAT test prep classes.
- Success after graduation: Annually, an average of 94% of graduates accepted to college.
- First Boston Public School named an inclusion high school, offering comprehensive services to students with identified learning needs of all kinds.
- Dual enrollment available in partner colleges.
- Summer arts scholarships available.
- STEAM lab.
- Partnerships with ProArts and other institutions that provide resources and opportunities for our students.
- ESL in General Education.
Dance and theatre students have required clothing.
Serves all students admitted through special admissions process.
Online Health Center
Student performance data displayed below is from Next Generation MCAS results. For more data on schools, please visit the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) website. For schools with multiple campuses, the data below represents all schools in that network, not just the single school. If data is not shown, it is not available for that school.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DESE did not issue school, district, or state accountability determinations for the 2019-2020 school year due to the cancellation of state assessments and school closures related to COVID-19. As a result, there is no student performance data available from the state for school year 2019-2020.