Coronavirus (COVID-19) School Updates
This page will be continuously updated.
- Page last updated at 12:00 PM on April 21, 2020.
- View all resources at our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Family Resource Toolkit.
Table of Contents
School Registration for Fall 2020
As we receive any updates about how COVID-19 might impact ongoing school enrollment or registration processes already in progress, we'll notify families via text. Text "SCHOOL" to 33777 to get these specific school registration alerts on your phone.
Boston Public Schools
For grades K0, K1, 6, 7 and 9:
- Assignment notifications were sent by email on March 27 for students registered during the first priority registration period (Jan 6 - 31, 2020) for enrollment in grades K0, K1, 6, 7 & 9 in September 2020.
- Confirm your seat: bostonpublicschools.org/rsvp or call 617-635-9010.
For grades K2 and all other grades:
- The second priority registration period for K2 and all other grades that began on February 10 has been extended until further notice.
- All Boston Public Schools Welcome Centers are currently closed but you can start your registration process for your student for BPS by pre-registering here.
- Schedule an appointment here to complete the registration process over the phone at a time that works for you OR call 617-635-9010 to register by phone with a registration specialist.
- Registration specialists are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Boston Charter Public Schools
Charter public school lotteries took place on March 10, 2020.
- Please log into SchoolMint (where you completed your Boston Charter Public School application online) to review your lottery results, including offers and waitlist status.
- Some charter schools have started offering online open houses and virtual school tours. View our list of online open houses here. (Please check back often as this list will be updated regularly.)
Please contact the individual schools to which you applied for more information about offers and enrollment.
New applications for Boston resident students entering grades K through 10 are being accepted from March 23 to April 30, 2020.
- Complete the METCO application form online to receive a lottery number.
- You can upload your required documents from any phone or computer.
- If you have questions, the METCO Enrollment Team is available by phone or email.
The Governor of Massachusetts has ordered all public and private schools must remain closed through the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
If you have any questions about your specific school, including information home learning, meal pick-up or delivery options, and/or other community resources and programs, please visit your school's website. The links below go directly to each school or school district's specific coronavirus (COVID-19) update page.
Please note: Schools marked with a * will distribute resources internally and communicate directly with enrolled families.
BPS | Charter | Private Religious-Affiliated | Private Independent | METCO
Boston Public Schools (BPS)
Boston Charter Public Schools
- Academy of the Pacific Rim
- Boston Collegiate Charter School
- Boston Preparatory Charter Public School
- Boston Renaissance Charter Public School
- Bridge Boston Charter School
- Brooke Charter School
- City on a Hill Charter Public Schools
- Codman Academy Charter Public School
- Conservatory Lab Charter School
- Excel Academy Charter School
- Helen Y. Davis Leadership Academy Charter Public School*
- KIPP Academy Boston Charter School
- Match Charter Public School
- Neighborhood House Charter School
- Phoenix Charter Academy Chelsea
- Roxbury Preparatory Charter School
Private Schools (Religious-Affiliated)
- Archbishop Williams High
- Boston College High School
- Cathedral High School
- Catholic Memorial High School
- Cristo Rey Boston High School
- East Boston Central Catholic*
- Epiphany School*
- Fontbonne Academy
- Good Shepherd School*
- Holy Name Parish School*
- Matignon High
- Mother Caroline Academy*
- Mount Alvernia Academy*
- Mount Alvernia High School
- Nativity Preparatory School*
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Mission Grammar School
- Sacred Heart Elementary School
- Saint Joseph Preparatory High School
- South Boston Catholic Academy*
- St. Agatha School
- St. Brendan Elementary School*
- St. Columbkille Partnership School
- St. John Elementary School*
- St. John Paul II Catholic Academy
- St. Mary of the Assumption*
- St. Mary of the Hills*
- St. Patrick Elementary School
- St. Theresa of Avila Elementary School*
- Ursuline Academy
Private Schools (Independent)
- Advent School
- Beacon Academy*
- Boston University Academy
- British International School of Boston*
- Commonwealth School
- German International School Boston
- Kingsley Montessori School
- The Learning Project Elementary School*
- Meridian Academy*
- Newman School*
- Park Street School*
- Winsor School
Have a Question?
Our experts will provide you with the right information to find the best school