To see available transit times enter your location below.
Please note, students may be eligible for transportation depending on grade and how far they live from their school. Please refer to the FAQ on transportation for more information.
Kennedy Academy for Health Careers is a college preparatory high school for Boston students exploring careers in health and health related professions. The Academy provides a supportive learning environment that promotes respect and embraces diversity. Students will attain the life skills needed to become productive and positive members of society.
- School was renamed to honor the late Senator Edward M. Kennedy.
- A safe high school with a strong college preparatory curriculum focused on the health, math, English, world language, science, history, and technology courses.
- Students experience the college campus of Northeastern University and can use university science and computer labs, libraries, and other resources.
- A diverse and respectful place to learn, where students are committed to their own success and staff who believe in the potential of each student.
- 50% of the teaching staff are dual certified in content area and special education.
- 60% of the teaching staff received English Learners certification.
- Internships, community service, work experiences, and summer programs in health care settings.
- A Horace Mann Charter Public School, with special freedom to pursue innovative, challenging academic and extracurricular programming.
- AP English, Biology, Calculus, History, Statistics, Psychology, and Spanish classes.
- Individual guidance and support for students about academic, personal, and social issues.
- National Honor Society, basketball, track, baseball/softball, Debate Team, Martial Arts, Flag Football, Drama Club, Student Council, yearbook, prom, social events, and field trips.
- Several staff members are National Board certified.
- ESL in General Education.
Serves all students admitted through the special admissions process.
Student performance data displayed below is from Next Generation MCAS results. For more data on schools, please visit the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) website. For schools with multiple campuses, the data below represents all schools in that network, not just the single school. If data is not shown, it is not available for that school.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DESE did not issue school, district, or state accountability determinations for the 2019-2020 school year due to the cancellation of state assessments and school closures related to COVID-19. As a result, there is no student performance data available from the state for school year 2019-2020.