To see available transit times enter your location below.
Please note, students may be eligible for transportation depending on grade and how far they live from their school. Please refer to the FAQ on transportation for more information.
BCLA offers a rigorous college preparatory program with college acceptance as a graduation requirement. Our pilot school focuses on developing future scholar leaders through community service learning and adherence to rigorous academic, social, and civic expectations. We meet every student at his/her level and prepare them to be successful in college. Courses include AP classes, world languages, and the arts. Students’ voices are valuable and inform our school practices and policies.
- A pilot school with a college preparatory curriculum and community leadership theme.
- Academic requirements for all students: exhibitions, portfolio presentations, and structured community service learning through a Senior Capstone Project.
- Athletic program with New Mission High School and Another Course to College.
- AP courses in English language and composition, literature, Spanish, calculus, and statistics.
- Personalized education including Advisory Program and Learning Support Team.
- Teachers provide 80 minutes of weekly tutoring and extra-help time to students
- Aim High Tutoring Program with Boston Partners in Education.
- Health: Partnership with Boston Medical and Home for Little Wanderers.
- Open house, teacher conferences, and support meetings.
- Mandatory college acceptance for graduation.
- After school programs for Grade 9.
- Authentic assessments through portfolios and exhibitions.
- Advisory class.
- Sports, clubs, student government, and National Honor Society.
- SEI-Multilingual, ESL in General Education.
High Level Of Need Inclusion (Emotional Impairment-Internalizing)
Applied Behavior Analysis
Sheltered English Immersion - Multilingual For Grades 9, 10, 11, 12
Online Health Center
Student performance data displayed below is from Next Generation MCAS results. For more data on schools, please visit the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) website. For schools with multiple campuses, the data below represents all schools in that network, not just the single school. If data is not shown, it is not available for that school.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DESE did not issue school, district, or state accountability determinations for the 2019-2020 school year due to the cancellation of state assessments and school closures related to COVID-19. As a result, there is no student performance data available from the state for school year 2019-2020.