This is a multi-campus school. To view a map of the two campuses, click here.
The mission of the Dr. William Henderson Inclusion School is to serve students of all abilities in an inclusive setting that offers meaningful access to a rigorous and well rounded curriculum. Our leaders, teachers and support staff collaborate and problem solve to ensure that all students learn and succeed at high levels. We integrate the fine and performing arts into students' learning so that all students can learn to their greatest potential.
- Boston’s only fully inclusive K-12 school.
- Arts integration for every student three times per week.
- High student achievement and growth in math and ELA
- Inclusive: students of all abilities learn together.
- 2 teachers in every classroom.
- Outdoor classroom.
- Sensory motor room.
- Fully accessible.
- Full-time visual art, movement, and music teachers.
- Inclusive before and after school program.
- Rigorous curriculum.
- We monitor student progress every 6 weeks and create action plans to ensure success for every student.
- Co-teaching in all core content classes.
- Therapies provided in natural setting of classroom.
- ESL in General Education.
Before School Program
Our before school program begins each morning at 730AM and is available to all students for $2 per day. A limited number of scholarships are available. Students can choose activities that include learning and playing.
After School Program
Our after school program begins at the end of the school day and is available to students of all abilities. Programming changes by season and includes basketball, volleyball, art, music, African drumming, homework help, lego club, tae kwon do, iPad club, dance, piano lessons, garden club and Fun Fridays that include traveling programs like the New England Aquarium and Museum of Science. Weekly fee is $30 and drop-in fee is $10.
Blue, white or khaki shirt, jumper, pants or shorts. Friday is dress down day.
Guaranteed assignment at William Henderson Upper School (Through 12th Grade)
High Level Of Need Inclusion
Online Health Center
Student performance data displayed below is from Next Generation MCAS results. For more data on schools, please visit the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) website. For schools with multiple campuses, the data below represents all schools in that network, not just the single school. If data is not shown, it is not available for that school.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DESE did not issue school, district, or state accountability determinations for the 2019-2020 school year due to the cancellation of state assessments and school closures related to COVID-19. As a result, there is no student performance data available from the state for school year 2019-2020.