To see available transit times enter your location below.
Please note, students may be eligible for transportation depending on grade and how far they live from their school. Please refer to the FAQ on transportation for more information.
Boston Day and Evening Academy is for students who are over-age for high school, who have had trouble with attendance issues, have been held back in eighth grade, who feel they are not getting the attention in class that they need to succeed, or who have dropped out but want to return to school to earn their diploma.
Boston Day and Evening Academy re-engages off-track students in their education preparing them for high school graduation, post-secondary success and meaningful participation in their community.
- Competency-based: students can graduate at one of four ceremonies held each year.
- Personalized attention for all students, with supportive academic and enrichment programming, small student-teacher ratios, full time student support services, and counseling.
- Vibrant atmosphere for students who have not experienced success in other schools.
- Learning Lab staffed full time to help students catch up with missed work or accelerate their learning outside of the classroom.
- College and career courses (Internship and enrichment program) offered throughout the week.
- Support for strong home-school connections through advisory and student support team.
- Emphasis on student agency, including taking responsibility for their own education and personal growth.
- A Post Graduate Planning Center that involves students at enrollment in planning for life after high school.
- Strong partnerships with arts and community organizations that help support student learning and Habits of Success.
- Whole-school focus on strong relationships and listening to student “voice”.
- Supportive, trauma-sensitive, respectful, welcoming, non-judgmental, joyful culture and climate.
- Wrap-around student support services
- Specialized in working with overage students.
- Students maintain two organic urban gardens.
- ESL in General Education.
Serves all students admitted through the special admissions process.
For more data on schools, please visit the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) website.
For schools with multiple campuses, the data below is the same across all schools in that network.
Please, note that performance data below only reflects the Next Generation MCAS results for schools who took both Next Generation MCAS and legacy MCAS tests. If the school offers a 10th grade, we encourage checking their legacy MCAS scores here.