New Year, New Resolutions: #resolve2register Your Child On Time!
Happy New Year! It's the season of new beginnings, goals, and resolutions—and what better goal than resolving to enroll your child in a great-fit school for the coming school year? That's right: school registration season has officially arrived and it's time to register and enroll your child in a school for the 2020-21 school year.
This year, #resolve2register your child on time for their great-fit school for next school year!
Here's our checklist of 2020 School Registration Resolutions to start your year—and your child's educational success—off on the right foot. Click image to download this checklist as a PDF.
2020 School Registration Resolutions
- DECIDE if your child will stay at their current school or explore new options for next year
- RESEARCH all of your school options for all types of schools in Boston at BostonSchoolFinder.org
- MAKE AN APPOINTMENT to go to a BPS Welcome Center to complete your residency verification at bit.ly/welcomecenterappt
- GATHER your required documents before you go to your BPS Welcome Center appointment
- REGISTER FOR BPS from Jan. 6 to Jan. 31, 2020 for grades K0, K1, 6, 7, & 9
- REGISTER FOR BPS from Feb. 10 to Apr. 3, 2020 for all other grades
- APPLY ONLINE to the Charter School Lottery by Feb. 29, 2020 for all grades at ApplyBostonCharters.org
- APPLY ONLINE for a FREE Universal Pre-K seat at a community provider if your child will be 4 years old by Sep. 1, 2020 at bit.ly/enrollbostonupk
To get reminders for each of these resolutions, text SCHOOL to 33-777 to get registration alerts to your phone.
Have a Question?
Our experts will provide you with the right information to find the best school